Local Taxes

The City of Versailles collects property taxes for all property located within the City limits and occupational taxes on all businesses located within the City limits.

Property Tax

The current property tax rate is .00055. If you need property tax information on a specific property, please visit Property Tax Search or you can request information by email at bbaldwin@versaillesky.com or  pwilder@versaillesky.com.

Occupational Tax

Each business within the City of Versailles is required to have a business license. To acquire a business license, please fill out the Business Registration Form and return it to the address below:

City Hall
Tax Department
196 South Main Street
Versailles, Kentucky 40383

Businesses located in the City that have employees are required to withhold a 1.5% local occupational tax and submit to the City quarterly along with the form Employers Withholding Tax Form, Employers License Fee Withheld Form.

Employers are also required to submit an Annual Reconciliation Form, Reconciliation License Fee Form, for each calendar year.

All businesses within Versailles are also required to submit an annual Net Profit return Form OL-S, Net Profit License Fee Form. The Net Profit Form must be completed in full and returned to Becky Baldwin at 196 South Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383. Please note that there is a minimum net profit fee of $50.00.

If you would like to close your business account with the City of Versailles, please complete the Close Business Form, and return it to Becky Baldwin at 196 South Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383.

If you have any questions regarding the City of Versailles occupational taxes, Please Contact the City of Versailles Tax Clerk, Becky Baldwin, at 859-873-5184 ext. 132 or by email at bbaldwin@versaillesky.com .

Insurance Premium Tax

Insurance Premium tax is collected from all insurance companies that sell and maintain policies.

Pay your property tax bill online! Visit Online Payments to remit pay now with a credit or debit. Processing fees will apply.